Sunday, October 3, 2010

Steelhead Showing up on East Side.


On Thursday I went out steelhead scouting and ventured out to 12 mile Creek on the city's east side.  The water was running low and clear but I did see a few fish in the creek.  While I was walking up and down the creek, I did not run into any fisherman and the 8 or 10 steelies that I saw in the creek did not appear to be spooked.  In the picture below you can see a few steelhead at the tail end of a pool.  Today is Sunday and we got quite a bit of rain.  The steelhead fishing should improve by Monday afternoon when the stream levels go down.  Good luck fishin'

1 comment:

  1. I fished a lot on the East Side this year. This year was probably the worst year as far as numbers of Steelhead go. It was sad to see but It still was a good season. Can't wait for the spring to thaw the ice!!

    ReplyDelete