Saturday, July 25, 2009

Silver Bass Showing Up

The past couple days I went for a walk on the South Pier to see how the fishing was. I did not fish but rather just walked around and watched others having fun. The weather has been pretty unpredictable with storms and then breaks. In between the breaks, I saw one guy all the way at the end of the pier reeling in nice sized silver bass one after another. He was using white plastic shads and the fish seemed to like what they saw. Another fisherman across the pier hooked into a nice sized channel catfish. It was probably around 26 inches. Pesky gobies were also being caught on worms.

Time flies and in a month or so, steelhead will once again be moving into the shallow waters in preparation for their fall runs. I talked to one fisherman who said he has been catching small ones already off of Trout Run at night. Sounds a little early to me but it is possible. Happy fishin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment